Finally it’s here:
Synapse 0.2.8 – Codename: Bombesin
Some things you should know about this release:
- Rewritten the whole UI code
- A new theme: Side Doish
- Synapse is now (like the title said) faster and snappier then before
- New Places category, to find your favourite location on your computer
- New Related action
- If you have a long description (like a file path) the description will animate to show you all the text
- No more glitches with Chinese characters
- IBus input method fixed
- Speed Ups in: rendering, Zeitgeist searches, and startup
- You can now press Shift-Insert to paste current selected text
- Minor Fixes
Ready for 0.3.0?
We’re now ready to start working on 0.3.0, and this means: Gtk-3.0 (awesome look and feel), Instant Messaging (yes, finally), Complex actions (like file->move to->folder) and so on!
So stay tuned!
Forgot what Synapse is?
Synapse is a semantic launcher written in Vala that you can use to start applications as well as find and access relevant documents and files by making use of the Zeitgeist engine.
Just press on your keyboard, and Synapse will show up; then you can type to search things: applications, documents, places, web pages you visited, and more and more stuff.
The goal of this application is to “find what you do”, for example, you can simply press the down arrow (after summoning the application) to see recent activities!